Tuesday 16 August 2011

SAD

I have often heard of people being SAD and suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder but being totally honest I dismissed it and have never thought much about it until Summer 2011.

This summer has been the most gloomy, grey, dark and depressive season that I can remember for quite a long time.

Every morning when I wake up and look out 
all I see are grey skies and clouds, it is soul destroying.

But imagine what a surprise I got today...............
blue skies and sunshine!

Woo hoo.........

This is the vision that Mike and I experienced on our walk this afternoon.
All I can say is that it was just wonderful and my mood lifted, high, high, high.

The skies were so fantastically blue that I had to take a photograph to share with you all.

Can you just imagine that blue skies are such a rariety that we now have to take photos of them!!!

Well here is mine -




~ Fiona ~

13 comments:

Eileen said...

What a fantastic photo - it's cheered me up! We've had rain again today. I did a quick trip into town and got drenched.

Chatty Crone said...

I like the sun too - when we moved in 1986 from Chicago - it was overcast for 70 days straight!

amy said...

Beautiful! I wish you many sunny days ahead!!!

Ellie said...

Oh I know, the weather has been awful here as well this summer. Totally miserable. We seem to get a nice day and then a week of rain to make up for it. And it's not been that warm either. I think it may be a long winter.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Hi Chatty Crone, Amy, Ellie and Eileen,
I am hoping that the sun shines on you for the next few weeks and that perhaps summer will arrive!


x Fiona

jabblog said...

I'm glad the sun has arrived at last for you. Long may it shine!

andrea@townandprairie said...

We've had a little too much sun and heat and it is just as depressing!! Your photo reminds me of more cheerful weather! Andrea @ townandprairie

Bethe77 said...

Fiona It is a beautiful blue sky at that!
Im so glad you woke to such beauty.
It does so somethignfor the soul in lifting us up.
May you have anotehr day and many more ahead to take the blues of depression far away.
Blessings

Sush said...

Fiona that is one of the most beautiful blue sky photographs I've ever seen! Really, truly. I could just reach out and grab those sweet billowy clouds. I wish you many more days of blue skies and sunshine...

Hugs~

Pat MacKenzie said...

A gorgeous picture. Hopefully you have the chance to take many more blue sky photos. The rain has to stop sometime!

Southhamsdarling said...

Oh Fiona, doesn't that blue sky just lift your heart and your spirits. You and I have both been suffering with this miserable little summer and it does get you down with day after day of grey skies. Perhaps we will have an Indian summer , otherwise we will all be thoroughly depressed by the onset of Autumn! Great photo.

Anonymous said...

When we came home after living in Indonesia for three years, with lots and lots of very blue skies, Malcolm got very depressed over the first winter when the skies remained grey for weeks on end! It does lift your spirits when skies are blue!!

Yiota said...

Wonderful picture! Hope you get many days like this! I wouldn't mind some rain, though!
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...