Tuesday 2 August 2011

Remembering back to when

I used to have a lovely narrow waist!
pinterest
Those were the days!!

3 babies by C section and that figure is gone, gone, gone.......

I now have my jelly belly and my love handles
husband never compains, but I certainly do!! 



I only have to look at a cupcake and I gain 3 pounds!





Thinking of this puts the brilliant  words from the movie Shirley Valentine into my head -



 'You kissed my stretch marks...............


'These are the marks of life, they show you are alive .....
be proud of them'

'Arnt men full of shit' 
 ~~~~~~~~~~

I love that movie! 
Isn't Shirley right, men are full of............
but we still love them!


~ Fiona ~

10 comments:

Sherry said...

Those were the days my friend...and men -- we can't live with them, can't live without 'em...no matter how corny they might be!

Chatty Crone said...

I loved that movie too - I wonder how many of us have watched that show?

Anonymous said...

I remember when I had a 22inch waist!! I love Shirley Valentine - especially when she talks to the wall!

Raindrops and Daisies said...

It was a fantastic movie.

Sherry, you are right about men.
They can be corny but we still would be lost without them!

Chatty - I am glad that you enjoyed that movie too, it is an all time favourite of mine.

Frayedattheedge - 22" waist - lovely!
I love the bit in the movie when Shirley talks to the wall too. Brilliant.

Have a good day all of you.

~Fiona

BB said...

Hahahaha. That was a good one.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Lovely..I really think men are more sentimental and romantic than women. Does anyone want to compare stretch marks??? After 7 full term pregnancies, I have some doozies!

Manzanita said...

Here's applause to your husband who doesn't mind if your waist is larger. I'd say that is true love.
Manzanita@Wannabuyaduck

Bethe77 said...

Fiona, So loved this post. I have to say I dont think I have ever seen this movie. I must see it!
I understand the thought of no waist line and looking at cupcakes and gaining 3lbs. I dream of the waistline of days gone by. I dream at the thought of thinking what I might look like with no love handles and parts that dont hang in places they dont belong. The firm long lean girl I was once. Hmmm.......I think she is screaming to get out once again.
Blessings

Sush said...

Fiona...so very well said! weren't we all lean but I'll take the lbs and babes any day!

Hugs~

Lynne said...

Be nice to have a small waist again, or even a smaller waist! It's ages since I've watched Shirley Valentine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...